Monday, April 16, 2007

ANOTHER DEEPISH CASHLESS RUN

Not much to report here...the title kinda says it all: points yes, cash no. With nary a playable hand and a huge stack to my left--an alarmingly consistent fact of my life I've found--I had to revert back to the check-fold survival strategy. The "make-or-break" hand may have been right on the points bubble when I found pocket aces in the SB. With blinds of 100/200 and a stack of about 2600 the action went as follows:

cmitch minraisese to 400 (at least i think it was cmitch)
smokkee calls on button for 400, pot now 1100
Both have me significantly outchipped by a factor of about 3--perhaps more.

So my options are to (A) smooth call and hope i don't get outflopped.
(B) Reraise and commit to playing out of position against at least one caller
(C) Push and hope one of them puts me on something like AK/AQ and decides to call with a medium pair or better. Or even better, they put me on a smaller pair and figure to chip up with one of those hands.

The first option I don't like so much because despite the fact that I'm holding the momentary nuts, a lot of boards would be reasonable for them to play to a showdown. With a small stack and worst position, I'm at the mercy of the cards, and I've given them dirt cheap odds to crack my aces. My thinking on the second hand was similarly based on our relative stack sizes. Im seeing this hand through to the end, so even the raggiest of draws could lead to a suckout. After all, it is online poker.

In the end I elected to push and hope one of them thought i was being cute with a squeeze or one of the hand scenarios described above. After cmitch folded, smoke did the right thing and released and i made it into the points continuing my turtle-sque quest for blogger supremacy. My evening ended when I got allin with AK suited vs. JJ and QQ. No help came, and I go home lucky number 13.

Heh...who knew smokkee's screen even HAS a fold button? I'll have to adjust my notes.

See y'all at the Wil.

5 comments:

smokkee said...

i mis-clicked.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Ha ha.

Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

listen you're lettin us donkey docs down brotha...get postin again...

Unknown said...

Please Jecciiiiiii,

How can donkeys learn how to play better if you aren't there to guide them.

Post for the Asses , I mean Masses.

Unknown said...

PLEASE POST!

:-)